About the Committee
The Awards Committee selects recipients for awards issued by the College, primarily at the Annual Meeting. The Committee consists of a Chair, Vice-Chair, and other members of the College appointed by the President to serve three-year terms. At least one Fellow or Member shall be a member of the Board of Directors.
- Steven Jacobsen, Chair (2018)*
- Sandy Sulsky (2018)*
- Pauline Mendola (2017)
- Melissa Adams, BOD Liaison (2019)
- Rohit Ojha (2018)
- Xinzhi Zhang (2017)
- Wiley D. Jenkins, Education Committee Liaison (2019)*
- Mia Papas (2016)
- Increase visibility of awards and raise the level of recognition offered to awards recipients
- The Awards Committee has systematized the placement of stories, including photos of award recipients, in the ACE newsletter and on the ACE webpage following the Annual Meeting
- ACE now announces the awards recipients in advance of the Annual Meeting as part of publicity for the meeting
- Prior and future awards recipients, particularly of the Lilienfeld Award, are be asked to develop their remarks for posting on the ACE web page.
- In collaboration with Associate Members, a short article about current year award recipients will be submitted for publication in the ACE pages of the Annals of Epidemiology.
- The Awards Committee has developed a special, meeting-specific award that has been implemented in 2014 and 2015. Plans are to continue this practice with the next Annual Meeting (2017) in collaboration with the Education Committee via the new Education Committee liaison.
- The Awards Committee worked with the Associate Members to increase the number of students applying for the Student Paper Award through increased publicity via social media and direct contact with select Department Chairs.
- The Awards Committee is developing recommendations for several new awards, and plans to submit a proposal to the BOD in 2016
The Awards Committee shall select recipients for awards issued by the College. The Committee is currently seeking volunteers. If you are interested in joining the Committee, please complete the Committee Participation Form.
Abraham Lilienfeld Award
Student Prize Paper Award
Special Award for Outstanding Contributions Through Systemic Epidemiologic Approaches to Improving Health.
Outstanding Contributions to Epidemiology Award
Other Award Winners